Sustainability requires care.
LIGHTING A WOOD WICK CANDLE
WHY WOOD WICK CANDLES?
To best enjoy a wood wick candle, one must learn the ‘Art of lighting a wood wick’.
WHAT MAKES THEM BURN?
HOW TO LIGHT YOUR WOOD WICK
HOW TO MAXIMISE BURN TIME
Our candle burn times are marked as 'Up to' and are an ESTIMATION which may fluctuate slightly between burns. Although minor, this is due to many factors, including the fact that our candles are hand produced using natural components. To maximise burn time, please read below:
- Wick type-
Wood wicks may have natural grain consistencies such which can reduce or increase burn quality. We use a 20mm booster wick to manage burn balances, please use cupping technique as above to assist when you come across grains in your wood needing extra boost.
- Environmental surroundings -
Candles may burn faster due to humidity and warmth of wax. Ie. Summer time causes wax to be softer and burn faster vs winter burns. Warm environments ie heaters, windows open will cause flames to burn faster etc.
- Frequency of & length burn -
Regular burns causes wax to remain soft and burn through faster vs cold rested wax. This is because the surface of your wax is pre-penetrated with heat.
- Length of candle wick -
Untrimmed or longer wicks burn much faster. Please follow trimming guidelines.
-Number of wicks burning per session-
More wicks = higher temperature resulting in reduced burn time.
- Storage and maintenance -
Store in cool and dry place. Moist conditions can mould up & dampen wicks reducing in lighting issues and slower inconsistent burns. Unprotected candle wicks can also dry out (please re-oil) or dust up (re trim ). We recommend using a candle lid to protect your candle when not in use.
Please refer to our individual PRODUCT CARE against your candle type / size for recommendations on how to best manage your candle to maximise your burn time.
REFILLABLE GLASS CANDLES
INGREDIENTS: 100% Non-gmo Soy bean wax , Essential Oil, Fragrance Oil, Wood / Cotton wick.
MATERIAL : 100% Pressed glass vessel with painted interior / Silicone lined lid
REFILLABLE GLASS LE GRAND CANDLES
Our new Le Grands may be burned using 1, 2 or 3 cotton wicks depending on the size of the room and aroma strength required.
Please note, using 3 wicks simultaneously along with very frequent and or longer burn times than recommended will create soft wax and reduce the estimated burn time. Soft wax is a result of frequent burns or warmer environments and may cause your Le grand to burn through faster.
We recommend trimming your wicks down to 6 mm to ensure lighting is controlled. Burn for a maximum of 3 hours and allow your candle to cool completely between burns to achieve its maximum life.
Le Grands are suitable for medium to large rooms.
*** We recommend starting with 2 or 3 wicks and reducing to 1-2 wicks once a full melt pool is achieved, to maximise illumination time. ***
REFILLABLE GLASS ROOM DIFFUSER
CAUTION: DO NOT CONSUME
INGREDIENTS: Essential Oil, Fragrance Oil, Dried Natural Botanicals. MATERIAL: Glass flask with cork lid
Place the Botanical Room Diffuser on a stable, non-slip surface, away from direct sunlight and fire. Avoid exposure to drafts, skin and porous containers or surfaces. Always keep out of reach of pets and children. If consumed, contact a doctor immediately. Always store Botanical Room Diffuser in a cool, dry place below 30°C.
REFILLABLE GLASS CAR DIFFUSER
CAUTION: DO NOT CONSUME.
STORE BELOW 30 DEG CELCIUS - REMOVE FROM HOT CAR & STORE OUT OF DIRECT SUNLIGHT/HEAT.
INGREDIENTS: Essential Oil, Fragrance Oil.
MATERIALS: Glass Vial with screw lid / screw Casing
HOW TO USE
1. To assemble your car diffuser, start by carefully unwinding the black lid of the Car Diffuser vial and break the paper seal. Ensure the soft filter inside is not over saturated with oil. Check that the white rubber seal and glass is not broken before use. Keep the black lid for refilling when you return to GENERICS.
2. Squeeze off any saturated oil from the soft filter by pressing a wipe cloth over the entire filter tip to absorb any excess. This action will regulate your filter. There should be no excess oil dripping off the filter or on the glass vial at any time. Ensure all components are always dry. Repeat this process each time you use your Car Diffuser and as required. Use rubbing alcohol to wipe up any spills.
3. Twist the upright Car Diffuser vial into the casing until secure.
4. Attach the Car Diffuser securely over your air vent by lining up the back clip prongs over a vent slat. If your air vents are vertical, you can rotate the clip located on the back of the casing. Simply pull the clip downwards out of the cavity, rotate and reinsert.
Always ensure the Car Diffuser is positioned with air holes facing upright when clipped in.
5. Keep the Car Diffuser out of direct sunlight, flame / hot environments and store in a cool, dry stable place below 30°C. Avoid pressurised heat environments, raw skin or any transfer onto porous containers or surfaces.
If spillage occurs, wipe up immediately with rubbing alcohol & wet cloth to ensure the oil is thoroughly cleaned away. Failure to do so can cause damage to sensitive surfaces.
6. Once fragrance has reached its maximum life, it will have either evaporated or lost its aroma completely. Please then return your Car Diffuser vial and black lid for refilling at your nearest GENERICS store.
REFILLABLE BOTANICAL CAR DIFFUSER CARE
CAUTION: DO NOT CONSUME.
Failure to follow these instructions could result in fire, hazard or injury.
Ensure Botanical Car Diffuser is in secure, upright position when attached to air vents.
When not in use store the Car Diffuser in a stable environment with black lid securely covered. Keep out of direct sunlight in a cool, dry place below 30°C. Avoid exposure to heat, skin and porous containers or surfaces. If leakage occurs, wipe up immediately with wet cloth and rubbing alcohol to ensure the oil is thoroughly cleaned away. Failure to do so will cause damage to surfaces.
It is important to note that fragrance oil may naturally expand in heat and in pressurised environments. To reduce risk of leaks, we recommend removing diffuser from car when not in use. Do not leave Car Diffuser in hot car over prolonged periods of time.
Due to selected natural ingredients in our Botanical Car Diffusers, you may notice discolouring or alterations in texture over time, however, are still safe to use.
Always keep out of reach of pets and children. If consumed, contact a doctor immediately.
If you are asthmatic, pregnant or suffer from allergies or respiratory conditions, please be mindful when using our sensory products.
REFILLABLE GLASS PERFUME OIL
Your GENERICS Essential Oil is ready for refill once the liquid has been used to completion. Do not clean with water if refilling. Return the vial with the dropper lid for refill.
HOW TO CLEAN YOUR GLASS FOR REFILLS
Please dispose of the wax, wick holder and any paper towel used according to your local waste regulations.
ARE YOUR PRODUCTS VEGAN?
Our GENERICS Urban Apothecary brand line does not use materials or ingredients derived from animals, is not tested on animals and therefore vegan friendly. We use plant based derivatives to produce our house range of fresh refillable candles, room diffusers, room sprays, EDP, roller ball perfume oil and car diffusers.
All ingredients are listed on the product or online for your health and safety.
If you have any questions regarding products, please reach out to us by completing the contact form below.
If you would like to learn more about our products or services, please reach out by sending an enquiry using our contact form below or visit our retail stores.